Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Math Stories - teaching with ipads

It's been a while since I've posted!  Life gets in the way and I work mostly with teachers so I don't always feel like I've got a whole lot to say.  BUT I do spend lots of time checking out teacher blogs and sharing ideas with my teachers.  I am still incredibly obsessed with all the amazing ideas out there.  I truly LOVE learning!  So when I came across this fabulous resource shared by Reagan Tunstall.  Her post on  Teaching With ipads was so exciting that I wanted to try it out.  Fortunately, I was able to easily convince one of my First Grade teachers to collaborate with me to facilitate this project.  Who am I kidding?  I planned with her but she did all the work!

This video is long.  It is intended as a resource for teachers so that they can see how to implement this project.  The project itself is fantastic and provides all the information you'd need to implement it.  But many teachers are visual learners and I wanted to create this resource for my teachers so that they'd be able to "see" how this would look in their classroom.  I want to extend a HUGE thank you to Ms. Ortega and her class for allowing me to enjoy this experience with them.  Learning is so much fun!

Teacher facilitation of Math Stories ipad project

Math story created by students

I hope you enjoy this video.  I'm constantly amazed at the abilities of young children and the opportunities that teachers provide for them to grow.

Until next time!



1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled that this has worked so well for your students! I love that you are sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete