Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Games Galore

I'm so excited about this post!  My mind has been racing lately trying to come up with engaging activities for my littles to do when they come to my class.  Where do I turn to?  Pinterest of course!  I found this super easy activity from Kindergarten and Mooneyisms called SLAP.  It's pretty simple and so easy to prepare but my kids LOVE it!  They beg to play it every day!  Gotta love it!  Since our firsties are working on beginning and ending blends right now I made some cards to play SLAP.  Here's how to play:  Lay out cards.  Teacher calls out a word and the first student to slap the word keeps the card.  The student who has the most cards at the end is the winner.

Feel free to download them and try it out on your kiddos. 

Slap beginning blends

Slap ending blends
On to the next game......last night I was digging out some puzzles to do with my 2 year old and I came across some old games my daughter used to play.  She doesn't play some of them much anymore so I talked to her about letting some go.  One of them was the old Cootie game.  But then I started thinking about how I could turn that game into a Reading game so I could repurpose it and use it at school.  I decided to use the Slap cards and tried it out with a few of my groups today.  They loved it!  And not ONE of them had ever played the Cootie game before.  I realize it's pretty old school and most kids today are more into technology than board games.  But this one is only $5.00!!!  Gotta love that!!  Check out some of our fun.




Sorry about the last picture being sideways.  It's not sideways on my computer but I haven't figured out why it gets turned and how to fix it.  If you read this and know, please send me a comment so I can change it. 

Last game for this post is a game called Roll, Read and Color.  I'm not sure where I found the original game so please let me know if you know where it came from so I can give proper credit.  The original version I downloaded was absolutely adorable!  But I wanted to change the words so that it fit what my kiddos were working on.  So here's a copy that focuses on ending blends.  Feel free to download if you'd like to play in your classroom.  Please share some love....I love reading your comments!

Roll, Read and Color ending blends


Happy Friday!!!

NOTE:  While playing the Roll, Read and Color game I noticed a few mistakes.  If you've already downloaded, please redownload.  I've fixed them.  Thanks for being so understanding!


1 comment:

  1. I love these types of games. The kids love playing them and don't realize that they are learning. It doesn't get any better than that.

    Thanks for sharing!!
    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete